Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nomad No More?

I think of this blog quite frequently. (Obviously more than the sporadic posts let on.) However, I must admit that I often get overwhelmed when I think of writing here. This was my blog to allow the world to follow my crazy SuperTrip adventure. It was focus on a life in a 2003 Ford Focus. It focused on a girl seeing as much of the world as she could and then trying to find her place in it. She thought she would find her place during that adventure. When she, I, didn't, it was sort of hard to continue writing here. Who wants to read the daring adventures of the (wo)man-child who lives at her mother's and watching MeTV all day? no one. 

If you've continued to read past the SuperTrip, it becomes pretty evident that I couldn't find my footing after the trip. I don't mean in life (well, of course, I mean in life, but not only in life), but here in the blog. I went from to posting about awesome sights and crazy side trips to getting political to becoming obsessed with Pinterest and trying to create a DIY blog. (For record, my mom is so NOT a fan of the DIY blogs.)

So where does that leave us? 

I considered a name change. But "Nomad No More" was taken by a guy who hasn't written since 2005. bummer. 

I considered shutting down this blog completely. Uh. no. 

And then tonight, after months (and months and months) of consideration, it hit me: I'm still a nomad. 

Though God has blessed me with an incredible city, an incredible apartment, an incredible job, and an incredible, incredible, incredible circle of friends, to the point that I feel stable, secure, and (though it makes this commitaphobe shiver a little) even settled, I've been realizing that my adventure isn't over. 

God has an amazing sense of humor and timing. 

Just when things were getting boring and routine, I got a phone call.

Long story very, very short: I now am the legal guardian of a 4 year old little boy until August 19th. 

The words "boring," "routine," and even "dull" never get used around my charming apartment anymore. Instead I wake up and have no idea what is going to happen each day. And I LOVE it!

God is good.

The nomadic life returns. 

This blog will continue to follow my nomadic journey, it just might be more kid centric for the next few months. :)

After all this world isn't my home anyway, I'm still just a traveler, stopping here and there, following my Leader doing what He tells me to do. 


2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to ask- this is the second reference to Mid-August I have seen. What happens Aug 19th? (I realize it's the day after Leann's wedding.) I thought you were going to have him for a year or so????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one brave woman, Gwen. Proud and amazed!

    ReplyDelete