Tuesday, September 21, 2010

it is finished.

After a year and a half of travel, classes, teachers, moving, shows, and everything else, last night I graduated from the Improv (comedy) Conservatory at The Second City!

Last night, thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of training came down to an one-size only t-shirt, thin crust pizza, and a couple pitchers of beer (of which, I drank none). ha. talk about underwhelming.

welcome to the world of comedy.

You only do comedy because of passion. The all consuming passion that makes you believe it's the only thing you can do. People always ask me how I got into comedy/why I do comedy. The answer is always the same: "I had no choice." Anyway who sticks with comedy to be famous is a fool. There is no glory. There is no fame. And there certainly is no money.

There is, however, a large t-shirt, thin crust pizza, a couple pitchers of cheap beer and, let's not forget, dance party. And, I, for one, wouldn't trade that for the world! :)

the nomad

3 comments:

  1. I know that had it been Genius beer you would have had at least 1...
    He he.
    I love your comedy NEVER STOP MAKING ME (yes me selfish I know) LAUGH!
    Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - To add a picture you have to click on the picture icon at the top of you post which is next to the spell check button. When the upload window comes up click on the "None" for the choice of layout. this will put the picture at the top of your post but then you can click and drag it to the portion of the post where you would like to include it.

    I hope this helps you figure it out and I want to see pictures!
    Blessings to You my dear Sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guinness. :) or Sam Adams Oktoberfest but it was some see though crap (PBR, MIller, Bud?) and I was driving home after.

    I will try my best to make sure I make you laugh. thanks for the life path. :)

    Seriously, though, thanks so much for the photo info. I didn't know I could just move it around so easily. It's not "mac" easy so I got stumped. haha. I'm a loser.

    ReplyDelete