Thursday, September 30, 2010

My friend

Well, I'm down to counting hours (19) now instead of days. After months of planning, it snuck up on me. I can't believe I'm actually doing this and I can't believe it's tomorrow!

My car is mostly packed. I still have various things to shove into places. Everything would fit beautifully, but now that I have an extra person for 5 days. Needless to say, I'm a little worried. Where will we all go? Packing for this trip is frustrating because it all has to go. I have no where else to put anything. In 19 hours, I'm homeless and jobless.

Seriously, I was sofrustrated and discouraged, wondering how I was going to pull this off alone when my friend, without me saying a word, offered to come over and help. This friend was in the process of giving me a two hour full body massage.Later after the massage, my same friend told me I was a "phantom" and my appointment had simply been erased from the the log. This is some friend!

So, Megan, this blog entry is totally foryou! You are amazing. Thank you so much for being the friend that I've needed these past few months. You easily came to more Second City shows than anyone else. You introduced me to some excellent movies. And, you made totally killer roadtrip cds. I'm so glad that I finally broke down that day and got a massage. That 5 pack deal was one of the best choices I've made in Chicago.

So, my favorite 6'1", Big Islander, thank you. Thank you. Thank you for being my friend. my real friend.

I will miss you and can't wait to see what God has in store for you next. Keep me updated!!!

:)

the nomad

3 comments:

  1. As you stated you were a phantom and your friend went a head and gave you 2 hour message and then came over and helped you pack for your trip.

    God is in control and you will be fine.
    Keep your faith and go with the flow.

    Your sister in Jesus Christ,
    Stacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe your mom has a bit of "tetris master" packing abilities...it will work out- things will settle and sift down, water will be used, etc. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6'1?!? who is 6'1? Goodness, I Am 6'2, thank you very much. I worked very hard for that last inch, so don't go selling me short now :-P

    I had a blast at your shows! Thank you for letting me laugh with you!

    ReplyDelete