Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Car Saga finished (hopefully ;) )

Well, friends, my deepest apology. I neglected to explain out how we got out of the pickle in Madison.


On Friday morning, Mom woke up and called AAA. I believe I stayed in bed. :)

After getting the wrong directions from headquarters, our friend arrived around 10:30. ugh. Anyway, he was there and got right to work.

Do you see this face? She is up to pure evil. Right after this picture, I was busy gagging and trying not to puke in the grass. What was this picture, you ask? Fear not, i'll never show you. But I'll tell you... intestines wrapped around my axle. YUCK!

Anyway, first, he attacked our "major" problem. The animal had exacted it's revenge and pulled down the brake line. Thankfully, it was the parking brake. I'm from Indiana and as many of you can attest, I don't even know how to use my "emergency brake." Fear not, it's not worn all the way down.

For our hero, it was an easy fix. Step 1: reattach clips. Step 2: wire up the rest of it using a coat hanger.





Here are a couple frivolous pictures. However, it took us a long time to get this dog on hood picture. Thus, it's being included. Sorry. ha.

After he fixed the brake issue. We showed him the light problem. They still didn't come on. This had him scratching his head for sure. He then sent us off to Batteries + Bulbs. (This, of course, sent me in the a frenzy of saying "Bulbs" over and over. Seriously, that is a silly, silly word.)

Sorry, I have no pictures of Batteries + Bulbs. (bulb! ha!) However, I can tell you they fixed it! Yay! And, I can tell you that it was only a broken bulb. I can also tell you that my car did not cooperate and all the lights came on and worked at first. I can't tell you why. Oh, car...

The final car fact you should know is that my car's battery and alternator are so strong it completely surprised the man at Batteries + Bulbs! (bulb. bulb. bulb. haha...seriously, done.) Yay!!! God is good!

Needless to say, we were quite late getting on the road. However, we made up some good time and ended up only 4 hours behind schedule. We found the most perfect Mom and Pop inn in Chamberlain, SD. It is absolutely perfect and adorable. I'd love to tell you more but it's time to get back on the road so I have more to share with you later. :)

the nomad

PS: How cute is Mom in this picture? This is our friend, Bennington Brown. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment