Wednesday, October 6, 2010

a little oops

Sometimes I'm a dolt.

Sometimes I'm a dolt without realizing it.

Sometimes when I'm a dolt without realizing it I buy my baby sister a ticket to Chicago instead of Indianapolis.

So guess who is now in a car headed to Indy?

My mom.

Oh, wait? that's not who you guessed? sorry. Let me explain:

Because I got Catie a ticket to Chicago instead of Indy. She is now arriving in Indianapolis about 4 hours before we thought she was arriving. oops. So no one is there to pick her up. whoops. And the MegaBus drops them off on a random downtown street. mega-whoops-oops, more like a yikes.

Needless to say, my road-wary mother is now on her way to get her in time. Bless her soul. At least, everyone will get some sleep...except mom...

Well, whatchya going do? Sometimes I'm a dolt.

2 comments:

  1. Yep ... you are ... but you ARE a GREAT writer and can make even the opps in life to look quite funny!

    Ah, tomorrow will be another long day without a lot of sleep, but my bookkeeping job is now all caught up again! Yay!!!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least she REALIZED not to go all the way to Chicago on the Megabus, eh? Hope it's all working out. (As I know it must be, because she has posted on facebook that she had 1 flight and waiting for her second flight...)

    ReplyDelete