Friday, October 22, 2010

The Ohioan who invented the box springs created the COG railway

I saw the coolest thing today...

And it wasn't The Garden of the Gods, Dad and Jim eating Thai food for the first time, Denver's Airport, Sonic's 1/2 priced happy hour, Castle Rock or even the amazing "salsa" (that including cabbage!) at the Mexican resturant...no, that was all yesterday!

This thing happened today.

And it wasn't the salads at Panera, Old Colorado's diverse and sweet little shops (including the Things Jewish shop or the enchanting candle shop), the Pioneer Museum, the cute historic parks, watching Dad and Jim eat French food for the first time, catching dad in a "moment" (snuffle snuffle) when he saw the Big Horn Sheep he'd been waiting a lifetime to see, or even taking a train up Pike's Peak.

...it was...the candle lady making a bow by pulling a string.

I really can't explain it. She had a purple ribbon. She pulled one side and a beautiful bow appeared. I think she's magic. It was really cool...

Oh by the way, did I mention I took a TRAIN to the summit of PIKE'S PEAK today? cause I did.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds. But truthfully I'll be tired! I just spent a couple hours talking to Blaze, one of our couchsurfing hosts. That wouldn't have been a big deal but talking lasted from 12 to 2:20 am. oops...

off to bed.

--the nomad

PS> Leave me a message so I know are still around gentle readers. Thank you. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm here! I never said "thank you" for your ultra-kind comments on oed before you left. So this seemed like a good chance. Thanks! What a great journey! I've loved reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm around. I check, then read, then copy, increase the font and then print out. John enjoys reading about the adventure while eating his lunch.
    I'm waiting...waiting to hear how the trip was from Catie (not home to talk to yet)...waiting to hear how the trip was from Leann (no time yet)... waiting and excited to see where God is leading you next!!

    Enjoy the adventure!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Gwen I am still Here. I think I would love CO. I need to get out there sooner rather than later as my brother is there and I want to experience it's beauty. It sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete