Saturday, October 23, 2010

For the love of mercy, never click your heels.

When Dorothy clicked her heels and returned to home did she really know what she was getting into? Kansas. blech.

After driving through Kansas today, I've decided to never click heels again...unless I can finally master that cute little jump click that leprechauns seem to be able to do so well.


In others ... Colorado was a really nice place. Too nice. I realized yesterday (and then more so today) that I have neglected to purchase souvenirs along this journey. There are, of course, a myriad of reasons for that. 1. Who needs junk in their possession? 2. Why spend on the money? 3. I have all the memories already on this blog and pictures*

That being said, I fell in love with too many things in a little mining museum's gift shop. (I currently have a geode hanging around my neck) That's not even the worst part. Today some lucky gift shop guy scored a big scale. (definitely not "big" by anyone else's terms but my own, I'm sure)

I now have geodes, toys, jewelry, gold flakes and magnets of every state I hit on this trip (18!).
I now have $118 to get home.
I now have worry...


In other, other news.
I got a job lead in Deer Park... so be praying for that.
I got an apartment offer in Cincinnati... so be praying for that
I got to be staying with my momma til I figure it all out... so be praying for that!

Well, dear friends, I believe you are now mostly caught up. oh except for the 4 Corners story but I'll let the anticipation keep building. why? because you will really feel the story when I tell it.

the next post should be from homebase...how weird is that... only a quiet, lonley, ten hour drive stands in my way. (fell free to call...555-da-nomad or my real number if you have it)

thank you so much for following along for the last 23 days. Fear not, this blog is far from over. I have so many things to discuss, pictures to post, and stats to amaze. For instance, I don't think I've ever told you about "the Book of Nerd" or my ledger. ah...the fun that awaits. :)

--the nomad

*stand by for an official photo number on Tuesday. It's staggering. In fact, let's hold a contest... the person who guesses the closest wins something I bought in Colorado. you can even go over. just be closest.

9 comments:

  1. OK - first 4 days ... 900+ so ...hmmm that's only around 5500. I think Aunt Becky is closer than that! So, my guess ...

    16,502

    I just talked with you on the phone. You are now in the Land of Lincoln...just a state and a half to go!

    Love you and see you later tonight!!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping to make this experience possible! (Yes, I have fallen for Colorado and balancing the practicality of immediately beginning a internet job search versus a two-year delay to stabilize finances, retirement accounts, etc.)
    After running over something in the road, slicing our tire, a two hour lay over at WalMart in Chilocothe, MO, with a price tag over $100 for a new tire, we finally pulled in our drive at 10:15 PM, a mere 11 1/2 hours from our saying goodbye at Topeka, KS.
    Hmmm...I can't remember what you said the last picture count was when we left you but I recall you stating you had over 24,000, in total, on your lap top! My guess is 2,666, which happens to be the number of miles we drove as our part of the journey with you. (I probably should guess higher as "dads" total, together, is over 1100)
    Love always, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Gwen, I greatly enjoy following your journey. It has really been fun to read about. I am excited to read more and more as you are continuing with the Lord. May He Bless you with a confirmation of where you are to be during the next journey of your life. (Where is Deer Park again?)

    After reviewing the above notes about the picture count my original of about 10,000 seems rather meager. So my corrected guess is 27,500.

    Blessings to you Dear Gwen,

    ReplyDelete